This area is dedicated to fun and exercise activities with your dog. Dog may run off-leash, under voice control, within the confines of the fenced areas. If you are uncomfortable in the presence of unleashed dogs, you may wish to use other areas of Gateway Park.
Some Basic Rules to Keep Your Dog Park a Fun and Safe Place to be:
- Enter through the double-gate entry. Unleash your dog in the holding area, then open the inside gate and walk into the leash-free area.
- Pick up your dog’s waste and dispose of it in the receptacles provided.
- You are responsible for damage or injury inflicted by your dog(s). Law Enforcement will ban aggressive dogs from the park. Enjoy this park at your own risk.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised by their parent or guardian. No running at any time.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and licensed. (Contact the Kitsap County Licensing Office)
- Keep your dog from jumping on other dogs or people.
- If your dog is acting aggressively or having a bad day, leash-up and leave.
- Keep your eye on your dog and never leave your dog unattended.
- Keep your dog on a leash while outside the fenced area of the park.
- Don’t bring a dog with contagious conditions or illnesses to the park.
- Keep all puppies younger than four (4) months out of the off-leash dog park.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas
- Do not leg your dog dig holes or damage park plans and property.
- Smoking/Vaping is not allowed in the off-leash area.
- Leave all food, treats, and special toys at home or bring at your own risk.